The Total Body Enhancement Planet Fitness machine is an enclosed booth performing Red Light Therapy and have a vibrating footplate that provides a massaging sensation that reduces muscle tension or stiffness.
In this article,we will discuss everything you wanna know about it including benefits,side effects and how to use it...
Benefits of Total Body Enhancement
- Total body enhancement promotes weight loss
- Reduces cellulite
- Boosts collagen and elastin production
- Effective in removing acne scars
- Improves skin health
- Reduces skin redness and stimulates skin regeneration
- Helps to relieve muscle soreness
- Relieves fatigue
- Boosts energy
Side Effects of Total Body Enhancement
Red light therapy is not only safe but also beneficial for your health and body. However, like other procedures, Total Body Enhancement also has possible side effects. You may experience such feelings after the procedure:
- nausea or vomiting
- pain/tension in the eyes
- high blood pressure
How To Use Total Body Enhancement At Planet Fitness
- Remove all types of jewelry including necklaces, rings, bracelets, and piercings.
- To avoid skin issues, try to remove any makeup or other cosmetic products.
- Stand straight in the center of the booth.
- Bend your legs slightly and hold the ceiling straps to help you maintain your balance during the vibration.
- It is crucial to use eyewear to protect your eyes, or, you can close your eyes during the procedure.
- Go in the booth naked or wear undergarments to expose as much skin as possible for the red light therapy.
- Step into the booth, close the door and position yourself in the center.
- To start the session, select the intensity of the vibrating footplate. To change the intensity go to the booth's buttons and use the left and right arrows. To select one of the four programs, use the up and down arrow keys. Each program provides a different level of massage or stimulation intensity. Start with intensity level 1 if you are a beginner.
- Once you've adjusted the parameters to your liking, press the start button to begin your session.
- The vibration plate will be activated. The Red Light bulbs will turn on too, creating a warm glow all over your body. You can turn off the bulbs by pushing the start/stop button. In this case, the vibration plate will remain activated. If you want to stop the session and exit, simply hold the start/stop button until the session is stopped.
- You can even change the fan speed if you're feeling cold, hot, or uncomfortable within the booth. Simply press the left and right arrow keys to browse to the FAN symbol, then use the up and down keys to adjust the fan's speed and intensity.
- A voice instruction will help you understand the fundamental controls. If you don't hear a voice, enable the voice guide by using the left and right arrow keys and selecting the voice guide icon. Then, hit the down arrow key to turn on the voice guide.
- You can also try other features in the booth, such as changing the music or modifying the settings to suit your needs.
- After 12 minutes, the machine will stop automatically. After that, you can just leave the booth and get dressed.
How Does Red Light Therapy Work?
Red light therapy utilizes LED devices to give red and/or near-infrared light to the body, stimulating healthy biological processes. Common wavelengths utilized are 630 to 660nm red light from the visible light spectrum and 810 to 850nm near-infrared light, which is undetectable to the human eye. Red light therapy is also referred to as low-level light therapy (LLLT). Previously, the light was provided by lasers, and the procedure was known as low-level laser therapy. Today, LED gadgets are more widespread and available for professional and home use.
As the human body absorbs light, it engages with light-sensitive chromophores within the cells which boosts the production of adenosine triphosphate (ATP). ATP is the primary fuel that your cells use. This is the spark that starts a cascade of advantages throughout the body.
Red light therapy is different from tanning booths because it does not emit UV rays. UV rays not only darken your skin but UV light has also been linked to skin damage and cancer.
Red Light Therapy At Home
You can get the benefits of red light treatment from the comfort of your own home by using advanced LED devices. These devices include:
- Red Light Therapy Mask:Red light therapy masks improve skin health by stimulating collagen production, increasing blood circulation, reducing inflammation, treating acne, improving scars, calming redness, fading hyperpigmentation, reducing fine lines, age spots, and wrinkles, improving eczema, rosacea, psoriasis, and sun-damaged skin, and general skin rejuvenation.
- Red Light Therapy Belt:Red light therapy belts are a non-invasive way to reduce fat and contour your body, rejuvenate the skin, reduce stretch marks, reduce muscle damage and speed up post-exercise recovery, relieve muscle fatigue, pain, and inflammation, improve joint health, increase energy levels, and improve sleep. Red light therapy belts can also target specific body areas like the abdomen, arms, and thighs, etc.
- Red Light Therapy Mat:Red light therapy mats provide you with the benefits of lie-down infrared therapy. These mats detox the body, relieve pain, and stimulate blood circulation. Moreover, you can use these mats wherever and whenever you want, and you can adjust brightness and time settings according to your needs.
These and many other red light therapy devices for home use make it possible to reap the benefits of red light therapy at home with little and long-term investment.
Total Body Enhancement Contraindications
According to specialist guidelines, certain groups of people should not use Total Body Enhancement either temporarily or continuously. The following are the primary contraindications to using a Total Body Enhancement machine.
- Those who use pacemakers.
- Those who suffer from migraines.
- Individuals with heart disease who are taking cardiac medication.
- Those suffering from epilepsy.
- Individuals with conditions that cause photosensitivity.
- People who have undergone spinal or brain surgery.
- People with osteoporosis.
- Patients with deep vein thrombosis.
- Individuals exceeding 300 pounds in weight.
- Pregnant or breastfeeding women.
- Individuals with cancer undergo chemotherapy.
- People who use drugs containing vitamin A.
- Individuals taking photosensitive medications (e.g., anti-inflammatory, antibiotics, or antifungal).
- People who take antiplatelet medications to minimize blood clotting.
- Individuals with retinal detachment.
- People under the age of 18, until they have parental approval.
- Individuals who have recently undergone an operation or surgery.
1. What is the difference between Infrared Sauna and Total Body Enhancement Planet Fitness?
You may have heard the Total Body Enhancement described as an 'infrared sauna.' However, this is incorrect because it does not provide infrared wavelengths above 900nm. The distinction between being under and over 900nm is that under 900nm is simply red light, whereas over 900nm is infrared light. Infrared saunas typically employ infrared light with a wavelength of 1000nm or greater. This is classified as heat therapy, whereas shorter wavelength red light therapy sessions are solely for red light treatment.
2. How frequently should I utilize Total Body Enhancement?
To reap the full benefits of Total Body Enhancement at Planet Fitness, use it frequently, ideally 2 to 3 times each week for 90 days. Each session lasts 12 minutes, with a minimum of 24 hours between sessions.
3. Are red light therapy products safe for home use?
While LED face masks, handheld devices, belts, and mats designed for home use are typically safe, you should use FDA-approved products. Red light therapy is ideal for individuals with mild skin or hair problems. If you have any open wounds or sores, avoid using it. Furthermore, if you have serious acne, skin condition, or hair loss, you should always consult a medical practitioner.
4. How long does it take to see the results of red light therapy?
Red light therapy can take four to five weeks to produce results. However, it cannot be predicted how many treatments will be required to see the desired results because everyone is different.
As the name implies, the Total Body Enhancement therapy can deliver holistic advantages to your entire body. A short 12-minute session can benefit you and your goals for fitness in a variety of ways, from cellulite reduction to improved sleep habits. Red light therapy devices are also available for home use. These devices are secure and relatively easy to use. But make sure to consult a physician if you are still unsure whether the therapy is suitable for you or not.